- Sep 29 Care vs. Autonomy: Nudging for Health and Relational Judgment in Reflective Professional Practice
- Oct 5 Co-sponsored Event - Western Bombs, Eastern Societies: The Destruction of Nations and Responsibility to Protect
- Oct 11 Co-Sponsored Event: Beating Injustice: Police Killings, Mass Incarceration, and Making Real Change Happen Right Now
17th Annual Values & Leadership Conference
"Ethical Leadership: Building capacity for those Moments of Challenging Choices"
The intention is that conference papers will pay particular attention to the ethical domain of leadership - reflecting on centre's core interest. In particular in 2012, recognizing the ethical challenges facing leaders who are required to build culture around moral purpose, we are especially interested in an explanation of how we build capacity not just at the moment of ethical choice, but in preparation for such moments.
There will be four strands of papers, which represent four particular perspectives we would like to see addressed:
- Leadership development: preparing current and aspiring leaders to take up ethical leadership
- Indigenous capacity building: addressing the unique challenges of leading across two or more cultures
- Ethical behavior and moral agency: providing insight into how espoused ethical positions and moral purpose can be translated into action
- Ethical leadership in action: creating a space for researchers and practitioners to share their insights and experience..
For more information, visit the Australian Catholic University conference website.