- Jan 20 Job Talk - Migration, Social Movements, and the Right to Place
- Jan 20 Co-Sponsored Event - Coffee Hour with Derek Alderman: MLK Streets as Unfinished Civil Rights Work: The Need for Counter-Storytelling in a Trump America
- Jan 27 Job Talk - Just Borders: Place-Specific Duties and the Rights of Immigrants
21st Annual CSLEE Values and Leadership Conference - Call for Proposals
[London, Ontario, Canada] - The CSLEE’s annual Values and Leadership conference is a three-day conference that promotes research and reflection on issues in values, morals, ethics, and leadership in education.
The theme of the conference is Leadership in Uncertain Times: Complex Dilemmas and Ethical Possibilities. We propose that ethical and moral educational leadership plays an even more heightened role in supporting civil societies following international tragedies, such as those that took place in Beirut and Paris in 2015. The deadline for proposals is June 1, 2016.
- Gary Crow (Indiana University)
- Claire Lapointe (Laval University)
- Dana Mitra (Penn State)
- Kevin Page (University of Ottawa)
Dewey Symposium Panelists
- Charles Burford (Australian Catholic University) • Tony Normore (CSU Dominguez Hills)
- John Portelli (University of Toronto)
- Nancy Tuana (Penn State)
We seek proposals for papers, posters, symposia, and pre-conference workshops on a range of possible subjects. Individual papers should be no more than 20 minutes each. Panel, symposia, and pre-conference workshop proposals are welcome. Graduate students who propose 10-minute pre- conference panel presentations remain eligible to submit an additional presentation to the main conference program. More information is available on the conference site.
Suggested sub-topics might include the following:
- Responses and responsibilities in troubling situations
- Civil liberties and democracy in times of terror
- Uncertainty and change as critical learning experiences
- Ethics, educational leadership, and global citizenship
- Complexity, leadership theory, and practice in education
- Ethics, values, and practitioner-scholar educational leadership research
- Other topics relevant to values, ethics, and leadership in education
Submit a proposal to online with the following information:
- Name of presenter(s) and short bios
- Email address(es) of presenter(s)
- Department or Unit, and University
- Title and type of presentation (paper, poster, symposium, pre-conference workshop, etc.)
- 500 word abstract
- 100 word summary, keywords;
- Technology requirements (projector, SMARTboard, etc.)
Send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information: http://www.edu.uwo.ca/cslee2016/