- Sep 29 Care vs. Autonomy: Nudging for Health and Relational Judgment in Reflective Professional Practice
- Oct 5 Co-sponsored Event - Western Bombs, Eastern Societies: The Destruction of Nations and Responsibility to Protect
- Oct 11 Co-Sponsored Event: Beating Injustice: Police Killings, Mass Incarceration, and Making Real Change Happen Right Now
IT'S ON US!
Have you taken the It’s On Us pledge?
It’s On Us is a national campaign that seeks to engage and educate all members of campus communities in the prevention of sexual violence. Please take a moment to watch this video featuring Penn State student athletes and learn what you can do to support survivors and help keep everyone in our community safe.
This national public awareness and education campaign was launched by the White House Task Force to Protect Students from Sexual Assault on September 19th to engage and educate all members of campus communities about what they can do to help prevent sexual violence and support survivors. From November 19th - 21st, It’s On Us is holding a national week of action to mobilize campus communities. The campaign's emphasis is on educational efforts geared toward the primary prevention of sexual violence and outreach efforts to support survivors. Overall, these efforts seek to effect social change in how our community responds to sexual violence. Conversations about the primary prevention of sexual violence and supporting survivors are an important move away from attitudes and practices that blame and shame victims.
Stop by, learn more, and pledge to be part of the solution by:
- Understanding what constitutes consent. Recognize that non-consensual sex is sexual assault.
- Identifying situations in which sexual assault may occur.
- Intervening in situations where consent has not or cannot be given.
- Creating an environment in which sexual assault is unacceptable and survivors are supported.
Join us and commit to making our community and the larger cultural milieu a safe and supportive space. Use #ItsOnUsPSU to spread awareness and support for the campaign!