- Oct 5 Co-sponsored Event - Western Bombs, Eastern Societies: The Destruction of Nations and Responsibility to Protect
- Oct 11 Co-Sponsored Event: Beating Injustice: Police Killings, Mass Incarceration, and Making Real Change Happen Right Now
- Oct 28 Idioms of Ethical Life: A Conference in Honor of the Work of Dr. Dennis J. Schmidt
16th Annual Conference Interviews
During the 16th Annual Values and Leadership Conference in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada in September 2011, which addressed the theme of “Authentic Leadership: The Intersection of Purpose, Process, and Context,” we had the opportunity to discuss some of the themes of the conference with scholars who study concepts of leadership and ethics in education.
Following a semi-structured interview format, the scholars were asked questions such as:
- What advice would you offer to young educational professionals seeking to use moral literacy to resolve ethical/moral dilemmas?
- What is authentic leadership in the educational setting?
- What is the role of ‘ethic sensitivity’ in leadership practices, and what does an authentic leader do to be ethically sensitive?
These videos are being provided as an educational tool in order to promote the understanding and use of moral literacy in the classroom.