Call for Nominations
Who can nominate a student for the Stand Up Award?
Any faculty, staff, student, or community member may nominate a student for the Stand Up Award. This award honors Penn State undergraduate students who have demonstrated courage, fortitude, and ethical leadership by taking a stand for a person, a cause, or a belief. Successful nominees will be honored at a ceremony in April 2014, during which they will be presented with a $1,000 award.
The Nomination Process
Deadline for Receipt of Nominations: January 31, 2014
- Download and complete The 2014 Stand Up Nomination Form
- Nominators must write a confidential letter on behalf of the student. This letter should address:
- How do you know the student?
- How did you become aware of the student's ethical leadership?
- What did the student accomplish?
- What is the ethical issue(s) that the student's actions addressed?
- How did the student serve as an exemplar of ethical leadership?
- The nominee must be enrolled as a full-time baccalaureate student at any Penn State campus during at least one semester of the 2013/14 academic year.
- The nominee must have demonstrated ethical leadership either at Penn State or in the community.
- The nominee should have fostered the ethical development of peers.
What to do with the completed materials
Send the completed nomination packet to firstname.lastname@example.org, or to:
The Pennsylvania State University
131 Sparks Building
University Park, PA 16802
Download the Call for Nominations Flyer