2015 Call for Nominations
Who can nominate a student for the Stand Up Award?
Any faculty, staff, student, or community member may nominate a Penn State undergraduate student from any campus for the Stand Up Award. This award honors students who have demonstrated courage, fortitude, and ethical leadership by taking a stand for a person, a cause, or a belief. Successful nominees will be honored at a ceremony in April 2015, during which they will be presented with a $1,000 award.
Download the Call for Nominations Portrait Flyer
Download the Call for Nominations Landscape Flyer
The Nomination Process
Deadline for Receipt of Nominations: January 30, 2015
- Nominators must write a confidential letter on behalf of the student. This letter should address:
- How do you know the student?
- How did you become aware of the student's ethical leadership?
- What did the student accomplish?
- What is the ethical issue(s) that the student's actions addressed?
- How did the student serve as an exemplar of ethical leadership?
What to do with the completed materials
Electronic submissions are preferred.*
Once the letter and essay are complete, upload the files using our online submission tool.
- Nominators - complete the nomination form and upload your letter here.
- Nominees - complete the nomination form and upload your PDF essay here.
- The nominee must be enrolled as a full-time baccalaureate student at any Penn State campus during at least one semester of the 2014/15 academic year.
- The nominee must have demonstrated ethical leadership either at Penn State or in the community.
- The nominee should have fostered the ethical development of peers.
The Pennsylvania State University
131 Sparks Building
University Park, PA 16802