- Sep 29 Care vs. Autonomy: Nudging for Health and Relational Judgment in Reflective Professional Practice
- Oct 5 Co-sponsored Event - Western Bombs, Eastern Societies: The Destruction of Nations and Responsibility to Protect
- Oct 11 Co-Sponsored Event: Beating Injustice: Police Killings, Mass Incarceration, and Making Real Change Happen Right Now
This is The Rock
The Crawford Family Fellowship in Ethical Inquiry
Nomination Deadline: February 16, 2015
Recipients will be announced by March 16, 2015
The Crawford Family Fellowship in Ethical Inquiry combined with the Rock Ethics Institute will provide a one year fellowship and research award to a student who is performing graduate work on the ethical dimensions of a topic in a discipline in the College of the Liberal Arts.
The fellowship, with a stipend of at least $18,765 (current grade 13), is made possible by an endowed gift from Mr. Forrest S. Crawford and the late Janet Crawford. In addition, the Rock Ethics Institute is pleased to announce that the student will be provided a $1,000 scholarship to support research and related activities, and those awarded will also have the title of Rock Ethics Institute Fellow. Tuition will be covered by a GIA and the College will pay the institution’s portion of health insurance, with the balance to be deducted from the student’s stipend.
- Student must have passed the comprehensive exam
- Student must be ABD by August 15, 2015
- Student must exhibit academic excellence
- Thesis must involve work that can be construed to fall under the umbrella of “ethical inquiry”
Examples of previous winners include; writings on sentencing guidelines, reproductive care and the advice women received in the 19th century, conduct of war, etc.