This is The Rock
Rock Ethics Institute Honors Thesis Research Award
Call for Applications
Proposal Deadline: March 28, 2016
The Rock Ethics Institute is pleased to announce the Rock Ethics Institute Honors Thesis Research Awards offered in conjunction with the Paterno Fellows Program. These awards are for undergraduate students in the Paterno Fellows Program who are working on ethics-related topics in their theses.
The Rock Ethics Institute Award will provide a range of financial support (from $500 to $2,000) for thesis research and related activities. Following the completion of their honors theses, awardees will be asked to present their research at an Institute event. Awardees will also be asked to contribute a blog post on their research for the Everyday Ethics page. Awardees will be informed of all Rock Ethics Institute events, and will be invited to participate in any events that are of interest to them or which would benefit their research.
How to Apply
Students who are eligible and who wish to be considered for a Rock Ethics Institute Honors Thesis Research Award should forward an application to email@example.com. Please use the email subject line: “Rock Ethics Institute Honors Thesis Research Award Application.”
Applications should be submitted only by means of e-mail attachments, and should include the following:
1. A curriculum vitae that includes full contact information, the name of your thesis adviser(s), and student ID number
2. A cover letter that provides:
- A detailed description of the thesis project that includes a clear description of the ethics focus of the project (600 words max.)
- A detailed timetable for completion of the thesis project
3. A budget that lists proposed costs associated with your thesis research. The budget should include:
- Itemized projected costs with a brief description (1-2 sentences) for each item. For example, if you are listing travel costs for research briefly describe the purpose of the travel (e.g. to visit an archive, research center, etc.) and its importance for your thesis research
- A list of any other funding sources for which you have applied or that you have received in support of your thesis research