- Sep 29 Care vs. Autonomy: Nudging for Health and Relational Judgment in Reflective Professional Practice
- Oct 5 Co-sponsored Event - Western Bombs, Eastern Societies: The Destruction of Nations and Responsibility to Protect
- Oct 11 Co-Sponsored Event: Beating Injustice: Police Killings, Mass Incarceration, and Making Real Change Happen Right Now
This is The Rock
Sponsorship of Speakers
The Rock Ethics Institute provides limited, supplemental funding support for speakers addressing scholarly and/or creative work on the topic of ethics.
- Fund Range: Award limits are usually $300 for a single speaker, $500 for a panel and $1,000 for a conference. Additional amounts are approved occasionally for a major conference.
- Use of Funds: Funds normally may be used to cover a portion or all of a speaker's honorarium (see Responsibilities of Sponsoring Group guidelines) or travel and lodging. Other expenditures require special approval.
- Funding Limitations: The event in which a speaker or speakers are featured must be free and open to public. If the speaker or panel is part of a large fee-based program such as a conference requiring paid registration, the specific lecture co-sponsored by the Rock Ethics Institute must be free and open to public. These funds may not be used for expenses related to classroom presentations or non-academic events.
- Time of Submission: Application for funding from the Rock Ethics Institute must be made before the event.
- Funding Period: Arrangements for payment must be made within six months of the date of the confirmation letter.
- Application: Complete the online form.
- Vita: Include vita of speaker.
- Description of Event: Provide a description of the event that includes an overview of its specific relevance to the study of ethics.
An email will be sent indicating approval or rejection and, if approved, the amount of funds approved and the process for distribution of funds.
Responsibilities of Individual or Group Awarded Support
- Logistical Arrangements: Arrange for speaker/event room scheduling, AV equipment, introduction of speaker, lodging, transportation, and all other logistical arrangements.
- Publicity: Prepare and distribute all publicity including flyers, news releases, and other forms of publicity. Send copies of all publicity, including news releases to the Rock Ethics Institute.
- Acknowledgement: Acknowledge support from the Rock Ethics Institute in all publicity including news releases. This will include adding our logo to print materials and digital materials (including, but not limited to, websites, social media, and digital signage). Additional, any website or digital media should have our logo hot-linked to our website (www.rockethics.psu.edu). After you receive approval of you co-sponsorship, we will send you the appropriate logo files. Any questions can be directed to the Rock's Marketing and Communications Specialist via our contact page.